June 6, 2015
The Violet and Patty Movie
Available on Blu-ray and DVD and via digital streaming.
Thomas and Friends: The Peanuts Movie (HIT Entertanment in the United Kingdom and Australia) is an American 3D CGI animated comedy film based on Thomas & Friends that was released on June 6, 2015, around the sixty-fifth anniversary of the debut of the comic strip and the fiftieth anniversary of the first Thomas & Friends television special, Christmas. Written and produced by Britt Craig, his grandson, Bryan, and Cornelius Uliano, it was animated by 20th Century Fox's Blue Sky Studios, and directed by Steve Martino, the director of The end of silliness and Madame blueberry
The teaser trailer for the movie was released on March 18, 2014, along with the official website and logo for the movie.
The full trailer was released online on November 18, 2014 and hit theatres on Thanksgiving Day 2014.
The Peanuts Movie was rated G by the Motion Picture Association of America and U by the British Board of Film Classification.
The movie received positive reviews from critics and grossed $246 million worldwide. It was also nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film and won an award from the African-American Film Critics Association for Best Animated Feature.
Hercules is now fed up with the fact that his life keeps going wrong. He soon gets his chance when the Green Fool moves into the neighborhood that winter. After an incident with her moving boxes, he decides to go see James The Red Engine who helps him become more confident in himself. Hercules decides to see Gordon The Blue Engine for help with his school magic act, in hopes of impressing Green Fool. Unfortunately, Tobias needs help when her act goes wrong during the talent show, and Hercules decides to use all of his time to help her and James The Red Engine and Charlie Brown won first prize at the talent show. During this time, Megara teaches him to dance, so he can go to the school dance and impress the James The Red Engine and Charlie Brown. Things begin to bright up; he dances well, and he is complemented. However, the train soon comes off the rails, as he accidentally sets off the school sprinkler system, ending the dance early.
Hercules future is soon turning, as he is assigned partners with the James and Gordon on a book report. Upon hearing she will be gone for a few days to visit her sick grandmother, Hercules decides to do the report by himself. Ignoring Petunia advice, he wrote his report on "War and Peace". It is during this time that he finds he got a perfect score on the test earlier in the film. He gets the report done in time for his award ceremony, but upon his horror, the test is Jenny, accidentally mixing up their papers and writing theirs names on the wrong test. Dejected, herc admits his failure, much to the kids' dismay. His mood worsens when the report is destroyed and he is forced to admit this to the Percy
Spring soon arrives, and Hercules spots a boy who can't fly a kite. He decides to teach the boy, and to his shock, the boy is successful. On the last day of school, everyone chooses pen-pals to write to over the summer. Hercules is upset when the Girl chooses him, thinking it was just out of pity since no one chose him. He then decides to talk to her face-to-face. He races to find her, only to discover that she is leaving to summer camp. Thinking he will not make it, the Kite-Eating Tree spits out a kite, and the kite drags Hercules to her, much to the amazement of the others.
He finds her, and asks why she chose him, despite his failures. megara says it is because he is caring and honest. They promise to write to each other, and as she drives away, the others accepting Hercules as their new friend.
In a side story, after finding a typewriter in the school dumpster, Snoopy decides to write a novel about the World War I Flying Ace, trying to save Percy from the Red Baron with petunias and his friends' help. He ends up acting out his adventure physically, pulling himself across a line of lights and imagining it as a rope across a broken bridge, he comes across herc and the gang several times along the way. Percy defeats the Red Baron and rescues Percy from an airplane. When Noah finishes reading, she calls it the dumbest story she has ever read, so Snoopy throws the typewriter at her in retaliation and licks her face, causing her to run away in disgust, but he gives it its deserved Snoopy Lucy shooting his typewriter.
The first post scene that appears during the credits is meg and Hercules performing the football gag. In the second scene that appears during the credit, Percy, petunias Thomas’s , the Beagle Scouts, and Percy siblings celebrate Percy's victory over the Red Baron with root beer, that is until the Red Baron shows up again and knocks Percy angry into the root beer causing him to shout "Curse you, Red Baron!" (via thought bubble). After the credits are over, Thomas' model tri-plane, the runaway flying of which is a running gag throughout the film, finally sputters to a stop over the pond and falls straight in.
- Martin Sherman as Thomas
- Noah Schnapp as as Charlie Brown
- Tate Donovan as Hercules
- Hadley Miller as Megara
- Mariel Sheets as Emily and Sally Brown
- Alex Garfin as Linus
- Elias Cars Johnson as Percy The Green Engine
- Francesca Capaldi as the Madame blueberry
- Venus Schultheis as Peppermint Patty
- Rebecca Bloom as Mavis
- Marleik Mar Mar Walker as Alan
- Noah Johnston as Ryan The Purple Engine
- Kerry Shale as James
- Madisyn Shipman as Rosie The Pink Engine and Violet Gray
- A.J. Tecce as Luke The Green Engine
- Micah Revelli as Billy the Orange Engine
- Kerry Shale as Gordon the Blue Engine
- Susan Egan as Petunia
- Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews as max and Madame blueberry. Andrews' trombone provided their "Massey legend eh voices, along with the voices for other adult characters in the film.
Blu-ray/DVD versions of the film were released on March 8, 2016. The film was also made available for digital streaming.
Special features include:
- 6 Percy The Green Engine Snippets
- "Better When I'm Dancing" Meghan Trainor music and lyric videos
- You Never Grow Up
- Percy Sibling Salute
- Learn to Draw Percy and Hercules
- Get Down with Percy music video
- Behind the Scenes of "Better When I'm Dancin'"
- Percy Playlist
- Short: "Cosmic Scrat-tastrophe"
- Concepts Gallery
- HiT Entertainment
A TV based on the film, The Super fantastic Thomasfan Club: what’s the HiT Entertainment was announced on July 8, 2015 and was released on November 3, 2015, just three days before the movie was released.
- This is the first Thomas and Friends Production to be CGI.
- This is the first Thomas and Friends animation to not have either Charlie Brown or Snoopy in the title.
- After over 60 years of misery and failure, Charlie Brown finally gets a well deserved victory.
- Archival recordings of Elias Cars Johnson as Percy are used in the film.
- This is the Little Red Haired Girl's first speaking role.
- This is the first theatrical full-length Thomas and Friends film since 1980's Bon Voyage, (And Don't Come Back!!).
- The movie was originally going to be titled simply Thomas and Friends, as seen in the teaser trailer.
- This is the longest Peanuts theatrical film to date, surpassing A Girl Named Megara by one minute.
- In the 20th Century Fox logo, Schroeder plays the fanfare.
- A few seconds later, Scrat, the saber-toothed squirrel from Ice Age appears in the Blue Sky Studios logo sequence to this film.
- This movie has received the most positive reviews that a Blue Sky film has received so far.
- Percy siblings make an appearance at the end of the film.
- A reference to It's the Great Pumpkin. is made when the children are looking over the fence.
- Micah Revelli who voices "Little Kid" in the movie is Charles Schulz's great-grandson from his granddaughter Stephanie.